29 Mar 2011

Spring in the Garden Quilt finished

Woohooo, another quilt finished.

This is the third quilt I have finished in 2011 and I am starting to get used to working on a machine. It is faster, but not THAT MUCH faster than working by hand. Besides, these are all relatively small quilts.

But having the machine and working continuously has shown me very clearly once again how OCD I am. Not clinically or seriously in any way (I HOPE!), but bad enough that I feel the need to keep working on something until it is FINISHED.

I hate having things lying around that are unfinished, because I feel guilty, like I am cheating on them, if I even start dreaming of a new design and cutting into new fabrics. I will have to work on that. No more compulsive quilting. Oh, well, let's see how I do with that. I am certainly rubbish at giving up the compulsive snacking etc.

I really like this one. It's perfect as a baby quilt or a lap quilt and the colours really shine.

I am sorry for the poor quality pictures again. As soon as that spring sunshine arrives I'll take all my quilts outside and do a proper photo shoot so I can finally start listing them in my Etsy shop.

I hope you like this one.

Love, Nadine


Spring Quilt (the top):





Garden Quilt (the back)




PS: I just noticed in the pictures the one thing we should always try to avoid: CREASES! But no matter how I roll or fold my quilts I always end up with those nasty creases, (and this quilt has only been folded up for a handful of days). Any idea how to get rid of them?


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Both sides are gorgeous - a wonderful double-sided quilt you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi. You were quick, I just uploaded the pics from my iPhone and then wrote the blog post while you had already commented. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely quilt! Love the Kaffe's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! and fully reversible for us moody types ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.