28 Dec 2010

Monkey's Christmas Present

Finally, I can show you what I made for the Monkey. I wanted to make a quilt using fabrics with pin-ups on them but as I couldn't find any I liked I had to design my own and had them printed on spoonflower.com.

I used images of Bettie Page, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and more and had swatches printed to use as centre pieces in the quilt blocks. I also used fabrics that show doodles I did by hand and then played with on spoonflower. This is the result with a black white and red colourstory which has a certain significance to us.

The back is made in a similar design but using Kaffe Fassett fabrics in jewel colours instead.

(Very sorry for the bad quality pictures, I took them on the iPhone and they didn't turn out very well. The colours on the back are more purple, turquoise and black rather than red as in the photos. My digital camera isn't much better than the iPhone actually, especially in bad lighting conditions. Shame you can't see what we see.)


I hope you like it.

Love. Nadine














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.