5 Aug 2010

Bar Lane Studios


We are so lucky to live in a vibrant city with so many like-minded people who are interested in arts and crafts, who organize get-togethers, workshops and exhibitions. No I am not talking about London, or Edinburgh. Our own York seems to be a hub for all sorts of creative people, who work in different arts and crafts and design, digital and traditional. I feel lucky to live here.

... and now even luckier. With the opening of Bar Lane Studios York's creative people get a new outlet and space for exchanging ideas and sharing their work, a space which is not led by commercial interests but instead is publicly funded and as a social enterprise it has the public's interests at heart.

How exciting to be a part of that. (and may I just add that there are 2 of my own paintings that can be seen in these pictures taken in the café) - no I am not bragging, am just so excited to see them in the gallery next to so many extraordinary pieces of art. Yes, I am a big fan of group shows, more so than solo shows. The more variety the better, if you ask me.

So pack your loved ones and go have a coffee in the café, or take a look at the exhibitions that are hosted in the main gallery, or even better, sign up for a workshop or an art course. There is lots on offer (jewellery making, painting, drawing and even digital art).



And if you really want to be creative, you could rent one of the artist studios or workspaces.



So if there is something you always wanted to explore or you had this interest in art but you never quite knew what to do with it, this is the chance to try it out.

Might see you all there.

Love, Nadine

3 comments:

  1. Nadine, the more I read your blog and the other UK bloggers, the more I'd like to live there! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. yes it is beautiful here (though we could use a little more sun atm.) But you can't complain, Rhode Island is gorgeous, that is where you live, isn't it? That whole area of the East Coast is lovely, I am a big fan of Boston and Martha's Vineyard and Provincetown, oh how I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! I so appreciate stories of encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.